Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ami Bangladeshe fire ashbo!!!


LISTEN TO THIS WHILE YOU READ--> My favorite song at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfE37ekubg

Oh
hello blog! I did miss you quite a bit!

I have returned to my Bangla- Blog with some exciting news.... drumroll......


HOORAY! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I was recently informed that I received the Critical Language Scholarship yet again! buuuut this time I will be studying Bangla at the Intermediate level! :) :) :) :) :)

(Don't worry, I won't use this many smiley faces on a regular basis)

For those of you friends, and strangers, who are just tuning in:

"A program of United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program will offer intensive summer language institutes overseas in thirteen critical need foreign languages for summer 2011.   Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) institutes provide fully-funded group-based intensive language instruction and structured cultural enrichment experiences for seven to ten weeks for U.S. citizen undergraduate, Master’s and Ph.D. studentsThe CLS Program is part of a U.S. government effort to expand dramatically the number of Americans studying and mastering critical need foreign languages."


Check it out!!!  -->  http://clscholarship.org/index.html


I studied Bangla at through this program at the Beginner level last summer.. one of the best things I've ever done or been a part of.  I know that this summer will be very challenging but I am excited to learn, to meet new people, and to return to Bangladesh.


Hopefully I will find some time to hop over to India or Nepal as well.





I do have to say, looking back at my posts that I learned a lot last summer; however, I learned and experienced so much more than I ever had time to put down in my posts.  I think in the future I am going to try to post more frequently and perhaps even in shorter lengths..  That way I will not post-pone my posts simply because I did not finish all of the details…

We’ll see how that works out!

Also, I meant to write at least one more post about last summer.  I don't like the sarcastic note that I ended on...

Right now this all feels rather surreal.  

Get ready to follow me and my adventures. I can assure you that it will be anything but boring!

PEACE,

M



No comments: