Monday, July 19, 2010

They'll call me Freedom Just like a WAVING FLAG!

“Was that the call to prayer? No! That was the call to world cup!”

You would think that it was Olympics time.  The amount of enthusiasm for two opposing teams (either Brazil or Argentina) truly brought Dhaka city alive.  The Dhaka favorites? Brazil and Argentina!  There are flags waving from every lamp post, car and store or building.  I have even seen Argentina flags that are as large as entire residencies and buildings!  It is (was) a common sight to see people crowded around every TV in public spaces like stores, streets or chai stalls. 



Even though the World Cup festivities have nowcome to a close, the flags are still draped all over the city.  I thought that I would share some photos that I have taken to give you a taste of the atmosphere.









1 comment:

messymiss said...

How do you manage blogging & uploading pictures with that speed of net is still a suspense to me.....;)
Mosquitoes left permanent marks on my feet...:S
But I miss Bangladesh & my little cousins & my grand parents & other family members...